The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since I have 2x 28 gallon tanks I have decided that I want one tank to feature tiger barbs, and the other to feature larger tetra. I cannot do both at the same time because that is quit a bit of money for a 15 year old, so i think I want to do the tiger barb tank first. I was thinking about 10 tiger barbs to keep them content with each other. What other fish would work with them?

Also, I have a 10 gallon planted that has been running for about 3 weeks that had recently been stocked with 10 ghost shrimp and 2 otos ( 1 oto died today and I now only have 4 shrimp left :icon_sad: ). I want to stock it with some neon tetra and harlequin rasbora. What is the max I could stock??

thanks for the help.

·
Banned
388 Posts
lion barbs? :p They can be a little bit nippy, so nothing flowy finned (angels, bettas, etc.) But they're generally just your average community fish, capable of being housed with anything that wont eat them

·
Registered
295 Posts
Tiger Barbs are only "average community fish" when they are housed in the proper numbers. If you decide to go with 10 Tiger Barbs then I would recommend going with a bottom dweller of some sort. Have you considered looking into Brochis splendens (aka Emerald Green Cories)? They are one of the larger species in that family and since you are planning to make it a planted tank they should do fine together.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.