The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may sound stupid for asking this, but.....
:iamwithst

Just a few hours ago, I received 25 Osmocote plus capsules. However, I can't find directions for them online. How long do they last, and what area do they cover? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I know that, but I want to know what area they cover and how long they last. I don't want to wait 2 months to replace a tab that only lasts 2 weeks, or put one tab in an area where there should be several more. I want to do it right ;)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Put one every couple of inches. As for how long they last you'll just have to watch your plants man. Typically they last about a month I'd say. You really can't mess it up

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
osmocte should last you 3-6 months depending on the substrate, if its gravel based substrate then it should last about 3 months, it seems to last longer in dirt type of substrate. make sure they are buried deep into substrate otherwise you will get ammonia/nitrate spikes and do not overdose them, add under the rooted plants. good luck

·
Registered
348 Posts
I'm glad you got them! That was fast!

I just push them down all the way to the bottom next to the plants I'm trying to feed. They seem to last about 3 to 6 months like stated above.

Every once in a while you will see that one of the pellets (yellow) make it to the surface. You can either take tweezers and push it back down or remove it and throw it out.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
osmocte should last you 3-6 months depending on the substrate, if its gravel based substrate then it should last about 3 months, it seems to last longer in dirt type of substrate. make sure they are buried deep into substrate otherwise you will get ammonia/nitrate spikes and do not overdose them, add under the rooted plants. good luck
Ok. I have a substrate of playsand.

I'm glad you got them! That was fast!

I just push them down all the way to the bottom next to the plants I'm trying to feed. They seem to last about 3 to 6 months like stated above.

Every once in a while you will see that one of the pellets (yellow) make it to the surface. You can either take tweezers and push it back down or remove it and throw it out.
Alright, thanks for the info. I'll remember that! And yes, they did get here fast!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.