The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Equipment:
55 gallon aquarium, small river rock substrate , All glass 2 x 55watt fixture 8k 9325 K bulbs, sponge filter, Emperor 280, DIY 2x 2 liter bottle co2 defused by a power head.

Tank Mate:
6 bristle nose Plecos, Endler Livebearer Colony, Cherry Shrimp Colony, 1 otos

Tank Plants:
Vallisneria, Java Ferns Sp., Java Moss, Crypts Brown, Moss ball, Water Sprite, Ludwigia inclinata var. verticiliata cuba, red templete, dwarf sag, elatine trianda, sunset hydro, riccia, anubius, and a Mystery Plant.

2/6/2007

·
Registered
390 Posts
Here's a little constructive criticism...I would lose the background and maybe go with a black background, You want the focus to be on your plants, not a picture of plants...Move the heater behind the vals so you can't see it and lose the sponge filter, It's an eyesore and it will also out gas co2. Get you a good canister filter, I just bought a XP2 for less than 100 bucks at bigalsonline...that's just my opinion, Their like as*****s everybody's got one and there all different

·
Registered
176 Posts
I suspect several people think you should change your chosen background, however, I say if you like the effect; go with it. That being said, if you want more focus on your plants, go with dogg76's suggestion. I also have a black background on my 55. If you do change, if possible, paint it black.

Overall, nice start, keep us posted on the progress.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I remove the sponge filter and remove the big anubius into my African cichlid tank I`ll get rid of the background soon and a I`ll also be buying a xp2 for the tank.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well here my current plant list

Vallisneria, Java Ferns Sp., Java Moss, Crypts Brown, Moss ball, Ludwigia inclinata var. verticiliata cuba, red templete, dwarf sag, elatine trianda, sunset hydro, riccia, anubius, Hygrophila corymbosa 'angustifolia', Aponogeton ulvaceus , Hemianthus Micranthemoide, Rotala Rotundafolia, Ludwigia Arcuata, Ludwigia Arcuata X Repens, LUDWIGIA INCLINATA

New Fish..
L260, 2 SAE

Tank Full shot

Right side

Left side

My L260

Photo taken on 2/15/2007

·
Registered
429 Posts
Looking good!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts