The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of my fellow planted tank members ordered aquariums online? I was on aqueons website and they have sooooo many tanks. specifically I want that 30 gallon they make. What is everyone's experience with ordering tanks online and from where?!?!?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cant seem to find the 40 gallon long tank that aqueon makes. All I can find in stores is 40 breeder. My last option is a ma and pa fish store. I'm going to head over to them and ask about ordering. Petsmart and Petco won't order any tanks unless its something they regularly stock. Thats what the manager told me anyways.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check this place. It is in Lancaster, pa. They have ALL sizes in stock. Phone to insure they have your size available. Tanks are made by Perfecto. I have a few of them. I also have Aqueons; IMO, both equal, much better than Tetras.

http://www.thatpetplace.com/glass-aquarium-listings
Thank you! I was thinking about checking this place out and then hitting shady maple smorgasbord afterwards!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Alot of places don't like to ship glass tanks. Those that do, charge you an arm and a leg so beware. Your much better off going to a lfs and ordering it thru them. A plus to this is that if it breaks before you get your hands on it, they get to order you another without you having to complain about anything. Delivery drivers tend to take more precaution when delivering product to a commercial address vs a resident address.

·
Premium Member
4,840 Posts
Many order Mr. Aqua, TruAqua, ADA, GLA and other specialty tanks online. Surprisingly, I have only seen a few posts on this board where one was damaged in shipping, pretty good considering these are rimless.

For an Aqueon tank, I would consider seeing if your local shop can get it for you and compare the price to buying online. If it's a brand they order from on a regular basis, they likely not only can get it for you, but if placed with another order, you shouldn't have to pay shipping (though some places my trick you into paying more). If it's cheaper than ordering go that route.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.