The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The question here for those who know, is will it recover? I ordered 4 pots, one pot looked okay, one pot looked bad and 2 pots looked very bad. There is a little bit of green (as you can see in the photo below) and I'm hoping it will be okay, but I've never used this particular plant before. I think it's actually Marsilea hirsuta, but that is not in the description.

Twig Gas Wood Circle Metal

Currently the pots are in my quarantine tank that has decent lighting and CO2. I've also reached out to the vendor.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I would get a refund, but I also would try to revive any I can just because. I like the challenge, and it's free plants. Just takes some patience cause it will not happen overnight. I am trying to revive some plants I got from an auction site and they are coming along. Good luck!

Reactions: evil8

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I would get a refund, but I also would try to revive any I can just because. I like the challenge, and it's free plants. Just takes some patience cause it will not happen overnight. I am trying to revive some plants I got from an auction site and they are coming along. Good luck!
I'm trying to. The autogenerated email said to give them 48 hours and it's only been 24. I just wanted to know from others that have used this plant to see if anyone had experience enough to know if they will regrow or if I'm wasting time. I'm confident I can get something out of these pots anyway. Next time I'll pay the extra for culture containers.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE: I just got word from the vendor they are sending 3 new pots as replacements and throwing in a 2oz portion of java moss for free.

·
Registered
134 Posts
UPDATE: I just got word from the vendor they are sending 3 new pots as replacements and throwing in a 2oz portion of java moss for free.
Good deal!

When pots look brown and mushy like that, it’s almost a guaranteed fail. I mean sure, you could maybe nurse some of it back, but why? You paid for what you saw on their website! Good luck with your new batch when it arrives.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've had pretty great customer service pretty much wherever I've purchased plants. Shipping sucks and has killed more plants than plant suppliers would like too. I don't have this tank ready to plant so I have time. It'll be a "forest" diorama scape in an old flat back half hex. I'm using local forests here in Northern MN as an inspiration so I'll try to do a dense short carpet across the whole tank with this dwarf 4 leaf and some dwarf sag and see how it turns out.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Last update: The replacement pot came with today's mail and look pretty good. Hopefully I'll be planting a new scape this weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts