The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right now, its home to one of my bettas, but I think I'm gonna put him in the divided 15g I'll be setting up soon. I was gonna decomission this tank, but like having it next to me bed. the obvious choice is another betta, but I'm gonna have 6 or 7 in the divided 15g, plus I'm considering a sorority in my 29, so I figured I'd look into other options.

plan is to have about 2" of pond sand on the bottom, with java moss, java fern (windelov as well as regular and maybe needle leaf), maybe some anubias nana, and one or two different species of stem plant (probably wysteria or water sprite and some camboba).

so, here are the options I'm exploring:
option one: dwarf puffer

option two: another betta, maybe 1 or 2 ghost shrimp depending on how nippy it is

option three: 10 cherry shrimp and 1-3 male endler's or 4ish phoenix/micro rasboras

option four: maybe a pair of clown killis?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
forgot to add, the tank has a normal screw-in 20watt CF bulb for lighting, and a tetra whisper 3i filter that I'm planning to run with two ceramic beads from an aquaclear filter, and an aquaclear foam insert.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Personally, I would go for a 2 endlers and 5-6 Shrimp.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Same vote. I have MTS and have more tanks than I have critters now and have a 2.5gal tank sitting there cycled with 2 feeder guppies from my turtle tank waiting to decide what to do. I split my 20long for my dwarf frogs and tetras on one side, cherry shrimp on the other, 7.5gal tank for my crystals, 5gal tank for my tigers, 2.5gal for a betta and another 2.5gal for ????. lol. I might get some snowball shrimp, or some small fish or something, I don't know what to do. Just keep feeding the guppies and keep the filter going. lol.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the more I look into it, the more I kinda want a dwarf puffer. they're just so cute!!

I think I'll probably do either some male endlers and shrimp, or a dwarf puffer.

plan is to plant the tank heavily and do weekly 50-75% water changes to accomindate waste.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
My vote would be option one or three. Option one would be excellent if you have snail problems in your other tanks. Option three would be a classic.

LOL :icon_mrgr One day you'll wake up with the killifish in your 15/29g. On a serious note, that video made me not want a killi anymore. It seems like it's a real jumper.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so I think I'm gonna do a dwarf puffer. I've always wanted one, just never felt I had the right tank setup. it'd also be a good predator for guppy fry when the 10g I'm planning to setup for my group gets too large.

if the 2.5g starts to feel too small for the puffer, I have a 5.5g I could use, but for now I like the shape/size/location of the 2.5g.

I may get another minibow 2.5g for another betta; I like having a betta on my desk. its something to interact with while I do homework/work/go on the computer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts