The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 50 cm tank approx 50 L is 3 weeks since flooding. This is powered by a Chihiros WRGB light 450. The light is about 18 inches from the lowest level substrate.

Wanted to know recommendations for optimal settings for better plant growth. My current setting is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a high energy tank with pressurised co2 at 2-3 bps. Currently it’s the 3 week since planting and restricted the photo period to 4 hours. The tank is. 50 cm tank with about 55L of total volume.

The tank is not heavily planted but not lightly either. Filtration is though a small canister with 400 Lph and a surface skimmer with 300Lph for circulation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
With co2 you are probably fine. I have similar settings (more cyan but overall less of the other colors) and I have the wrgb2 light (30cm) version. At 15 inches directly under the light I am getting 70 ppfd. So I am guessing you are somewhere in that ballpark. So long as your photo period isn't much more than 8 hours a day or less you shouldn't need to mess with much. Most important thing for me after I figured out the strength needed was to tune the colors to my aesthetics. This would be my recommendation. If you like the color then you are done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.