The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've taken the plants out of the bag and this is the scape I've come up with. Nothing yet is planted. I would really appreciate your opinions on the arrangement. Thanks for taking a look.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I would take the plants out of the tank & arrange the wood in a pleasing way.
Then plant your taller plants behind and possibly tothe side of the wood. The smaller plants sould go in groups or clusters. The anubia needs to be attached to the wood. A few of the same kind of rocks would also lend a natural look. You can not do it wrong so go for it. Scaping comes with time. Concentrate on what growes for you, then try to get some contrast going with colotr texture and size. I do not know if you have ferts or Co2 but it does make a difference . Hope this helps ya

·
Registered
589 Posts
Nice - I like it. Might look fuller if you switch the reddish center plant with the sword on the left? Idk.... Looks good tho.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the ideas. Vals and Ludwigia is now spread out. I didn't know you could split the plants. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Here's round 2

I love your wood layout. The plants in the back left corner and the anubias in front (is it anubias?) look great. If that is a rock behind the anubias though, I would move it to give it more presence. No need to put a rock in a tank and then hide it.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Most plants can be split... just most need splitting in a specific way so always check first time round. Be sure not to buy the crown of the vals and amazon sword or they will rot. Bury them then gently pull them up until you see the tops of the roots. This also helps straighten the roots for quicker growth. Be patient as sometimes they will float overnight.
The anubias are split by simply cutting the rhizome with a sharp knife (razor blade).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts