The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I got some goods in the mail, so I started to scape a bit. I had this cool piece of driftwood in another tank that I took for this tank. It BARELY fits...its a perfect fit actually. About inch to play with depth wise.
Here are a few pics.

This is with the wood centered.

from the right a bit

Right side of tank

Left side of tank

Now here it is with the wood as far as it can go to the left of the tank. I like this the best.

Left view

Right front

Right side

Do you think that one piece is enough? I feel it is once the carpet plant is in, but at the same time I feel like there could be something more? I'm not sure.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Thats a great stump! my vote is for the left side. It it was my tank, I'd leave the stump as the only piece of wood. It is striking enough on it's own, and you risk losing it as a focal point if you add more.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Indignation, that is exactly what I was thinking. The more I looked at the tank I thought it was to bare and needed something more. But then I realized plants will fill in the "emptyness" and make it look full. My dad kept saying put this other piece on this side. I was like, no I just don't think another piece will flow to well with the "branchy" piece. So I posted up some shots to get some outside hobbyists opinions.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice piece of wood.
Left side looks good.It would also look cool,if the roots were pointing upward.
Its your piece. So get jiggy with it!! ;-)
http://www.freshwateraquariumplants.com/aquascapingprinc/aquascaping101.html

Yes I thought of that to, but that piece of wood is to long to lay down. It is actually touching the bottom of the tank now. There is a big knob that sticks out of the bottom. It helped anchor it in place so it worked out pretty good. Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would leave just the one piece in there. It would look really nice and clean especially once you get a carpet going. My vote goes to keeping the DW on the left side since the 'roots' would be pointing more towards the middle so almost guiding your eyes to the middle of the tank or from the middle to the left. I am still a newbie at this.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Great wood! I also like it best on the left side. I'm curious though, what would it look like if you rotated the wood so that the flat back part of the wood was in the left corner of the tank (the roots would be rotated to the right)?

Edit: on second thought, that might make the tank look a bit bare. Also, I realized that this thread is a week old, so you might've already filled the tank. Can't wait to see it planted!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.