The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At first I liked the idea of keeping this like more of an iwagumi setup but now I'm thinking I want trees and taller plants in here. Clearly I'm incapable of following an idea through to the end. :grin2: Anyhow if I put a large manzanita root upside down on the left by the overflow and have long branches flow to the right like a tree would that screw with the perspective of the tank too much? Clearly these "mountains" would be rocks (again) in relation to the tree. Love to hear some thoughts on this. I can always save that large rock on the right for a mountain scape when I redo my kitchen tank into a shrimp tank.

Cheers
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
It could work, there are all sorts of beauty.
I'd suggest making a cardboard cutout and place it in the (unfilled) tank. It will give you an idea of what type and size of wood you should look for.
Good Luck!
:D

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Be a little careful with the overall size of the manzanita driftwood - smaller would be better in this case - if it's too large, it will likely appear somewhat out of perspective with your rock 'mountains'.
I think you'd want to maintain a more simplistic look as well.

And don't remove that larger rock - it helps the overall look of the right side of the 'scape', imo - get another larger rock for your shrimp tank.
Hope your sand 'shoreline' more or less retains its position/shape, and not too much mixing occurs.

In any event, I think it will look quite fabulous. Very nice-looking work so far.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input! So many ideas it's hard to just pick a style and stick with it, need to exercise some restraint here. At the same time this is the biggest tank I could ever have here so I want the aquascape to be as grand as the tank itself. Less is more in some cases.

Cheers
Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.