The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product website http://www.gunnars.com/

Just saw the product mentioned on an old page at inc.com they're glasses designed to cut the eye strain out of the computer viewing experience. I'm not sure how well they would work especially for the $70 minimum price tag but I think they might be worth looking into personally.

Has anyone used any of the Gunnar Optiks glasses before? At bare minimum they do look interesting:hihi:

-Andrew

·
Registered
28 Posts
I work in an eyeglass store, and although I've never heard of this particular company, based on what I read on their website, I'm pretty sure that they're just regular lenses with a light tint and an AR (anti-reflective) coating. A lot of companies use fancy language to make their lenses seem more effective than the other lenses on the market, but for the most part, they're all the same.

Have you ever tried AR coated lenses? They seem to work great for some people, and not work at all for others. There's really no way to tell if they're going to work for you without trying them, though, and they tend to be a pretty expensive. $70 is a pretty good price for a pair of glasses with AR lenses, at least where I live.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts