The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking at getting a DSLR for a mix of Aquarium stuff, general life stuff, and business. I'll also be creating some videos and different things for business and fun and was wondering what people's opinions are on the 60d. Preferably informed opinions, but all are welcome.

-Andrew

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts
awesome camera. nuff said.

Are you familiar with working an SLR camera? If not, start reading now. You'll need to figure out what lenses you want, and research them very well because they'll be the most expensive part of your camera. Also, look into what flash you want, that's another expensive part. The body itself is one of the cheaper things you'll get.

I love my Canon camera, it's just a Rebel XT, but I wouldn't trade it for anything else. Sturdy, well put together, never had a problem with it. My lenses are gorgeous (all Canon lenses) and turn very nice pictures into great pictures. All I can recommend is that if you do go with the 60d, is do your research when it comes to lens choice! I bought a few humdingers (sigma, tamron) which I thought were good until I slapped my Canon 100mm macro on there... Whewie, huge difference in image quality.

I'd love to get a 60d, but with my salary and various other expensive hobbies, it's far off into the future.

·
Registered
528 Posts
if you can spend the money on L series lenses do it you wont regret it one bit. i have a 24-105 L series on my 350D and it never leaves the camera despite having other lenses to play with.
mind you i wish i could get a macro L series (too much for me at the moment)

·
Registered
210 Posts
The 60d is a nice camera. Can't go wrong with it IMO. There is also the t3i which is almost just as good. Between the t2i, t3i and 60d your paying for features. They all have the exact same image quality. The 60d has the top screen and the other 2 don't. It also has all cross hair focusing points. I'm pretty sure it has a pentaprism viewfinder instead of pentamirror that the others have. The t3i and 60d both have built in wireless flash control.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Don't get a Canon, they have cooties!

And if you absolutely must have a Canon, don't get one of those goofy rebels, they're gross! *shudder*

Nikon FTW!

lol...all kidding aside, I do have a secret love for Canon's...at first I hated them but they have really grown on me. They didn't feel right in my hand, except the 7D, which felt amazing in my hand and even better than my Nikon. I hope Canon takes what it did with the 7D and applies it to all Canon's in the future. If I had the money, I'd have both systems. I really like how Canon's super-telephotos (600mm f/4, 500mm f/4 etc.) are much cheaper than the Nikon equivalents, and when I eventually get one, I'll more than likely get the Canon super telephoto lens and a nice Canon body to go with it. I also like the advanced movie options Canon offers. The only things I hate about Canon are the lackluster autofocus performance (which will hopefully change with the new cameras coming out soon) and it seems to me like all Canon lenses look cheap. Not that they are, they just have some kind of cheap plasticky look to them that I can't quite put my finger on...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Canons are great.....

For coffee mugs! :flick:

heh kidding but truth is, both brands are great. Buy whichever you can get a great deal on because youll pretty much get the same results with either body. Its really a game of optics, the better the glass the better the photo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.