The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had gotten the Aqueon Shrimp 7.5 gallon tank kit and it came with the Aqueon Plant & Shrimp Aquarium Substrate. So far I like it, but I was wondering what everyone's opinion on it is. Is it actually good for plants? is it good for all types of freshwater shrimp? is it safe for Corydoras since it isn't jagged like most substrate?

·
snails are your friend
3,093 Posts
I love the look of it and that it's said to hold it form for years rather than ever break down. For my purposes I do wish it buffered KH and pH acidic, but to best of my knowledge it's inert. I'd even give it a shot in my inert set ups, but last time I checked it was only available in 5 pound bags and I don't have small aquariums. If they ever start offering it in 25 pound bags at a better price per pound I'm eager to give it a try. Seems the BB shaped spheres would be less likely to pack down like other clay based substrates I use such as EC and Flourite.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.