The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just wanted to share my scape and see if anyone could suggest anything to make it better. Id like to continue to spread the rotala, but I don't want to cut it early. I was told to let stem plants reach the surface before cutting, any thoughts on this?

Also the wisteria really looks funny since the bottoms are so leggy, but I want the height and bushyness. I was thinking of cutting it like 4-5 inches down and then replanting the taller ones behind the driftwood, and the shorter cuttings in front of that and on the front of the wood. Would that look good? Also do you think it is too early to trim it? Also note that it has grown a little more since these pictures

You can see that the wisteria is a bit tall, and I though would look better bhind the wood, with shorter stems up in front to hide the leggy bottoms.

Just a close up to show how many roots are coming off the nodes of the wisteria

Matt

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While I appreciate the honesty, I personally like to here a bit of acknowledgment when someone answers. I agree with you about the background,and the random pebbles. I plan on adding more so that there is more continuity. Maybe a line going from the front right to back left, mixed in. Hopefully the diatoms will clear up, and the sand will be back to white soon also, I know that's an eyesore. As far as the wood goes, I like having a mix of different pieces. Looks more natural to me, since there would me newer sticks in a water body, not just old worn ones, but maybe my execution was off. Do you have any suggestions on where to plant the trimmings and how to spread the plants once they are ready. Also I just want to say your tank looks awesome, have a link to your journal or photo album?

Thanks,
Matt

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.