1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I'm also curious on the Hikari Shrimp Cuisine. Saw it in Japan and thought WOW. But didn't buy it. :-D.

This is definitely different from Hikari Crab Cuisine. But it's good enough for them and a whole lot cheaper.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hikari Crystal Red Shrimp Cuisine, food 8g/0.28oz I paid $27 for mine on ebay
I use it and it seems the cheeries really like it and the baby crystal reds too. it is smaller in size but they eat it up. It dont seem like it attracts the adult crystal reds though. the adult crystal reds love this stuff Hai Feng Crystal Red Bee Shrimp Food i paid $13.89 for this. i have 4-5 other foods from ebay too so ask before you buy it and i willl let you know.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What ones do your shrimp like the best?

Is is advisable to feed spirulina based foods in addition to the shrimp/crab staple food?

·
Registered
50 Posts
It seems to me that anything with the words crystal red on it is overpriced. Goldfish flakes are a favourite food in my shrimp tanks. They eat other fish food too with vegetables and dried leaves which seems to do them fine. I got a pack of the Hikari Shrimp Cuisine and while they eat it they will go for the flakes just as fast, the flake is also easy to break up so the shrimplets get some too. Shrimp will eat just about anything so a varied diet with enough vegetable content seems to me all that they require.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I don't think goldfish food is good. Doesn't that have lots of protein? I don't think it'd be healthy for the shrimp to eat a high protein diet.

Just throw in some spinach. Nutritious and they love it!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Boil the spinach first to get out the toxin. two pieces ever three days should be enogh.. if they dont go for the spinach its time to change 1/3 of the water...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Goldfish food has lower protein than tropical flakes, so that is why I use it. I don’t know how much protein the Hikari crs food has but the goldfish food I use has only 4% more protein than JBL Novo Prawn food. I agree on the spinach it seems an excellent food for shrimp.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Boil the spinach first to get out the toxin. two pieces ever three days should be enogh.. if they dont go for the spinach its time to change 1/3 of the water...
You don't boil spinach. If you do that for too long it actually can become toxic to the shrimp...

You only want to blanch spinach to kill anything that might be on it, and to help make it softer.

-Andrew

1 - 11 of 11 Posts