The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my little 10 gallon project. I think I'm going to add a carpeting plant at the front. I have a lovely red plant in the back that I'd like to grow nice and tall, so I can propagate it. For now I need to get a proper light. It's been lit by a lamp so far. I think I want to do some research and try a CO2 system. I am going to be assembling this tank over the next few months and stocking it by late January.

The tank has been sitting in my room for about 2 weeks. It's very young. I hooked up a filter with seeded media a week ago and added a bit of ammonia to start the cycle. I've been seeing nitrates go up, so I'm happy to see it being converted.

The wood is very new. It was an addition from a few days ago. I knew that I wanted spiderwood for that gnarly and tangled look. I might add java moss, but I'm still thinking on that. I don't know if I like the bare wood more.

There's a beautiful new LFS somewhere in town. The owner sells celestial pearl danios, so I think I might get a school of them. I'd like to add a few snails and a fish that gets bigger than an inch or so as a centerpiece. I've been looking around for ideas that will go well with the CPDs.

So far I think the tank looks very new. I want it to have a wild, jungle-y look, but everything is still very young. I think it needs time.

Thank you for reading my post. I hope you're having a good day.
Organism Plant Wood Rectangle Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Very interestingly, I'm getting a cute white slime on the driftwood! I remember getting that the last time I put driftwood in a tank of mine. I think I'll brush it off tomorrow. I don't have pictures, because I think this is a very common thing and a picture would not be very exciting. Plus, it's late.

I'm thinking of getting some Monte Carlo to carpet at the front. The substrate is black gravel and a type of aquasoil on the bottom. I would say what all the things in my tank are, but a lot are from old projects. The only new equipment at the moment is the AquaClear filter. The tank and the heater and the gravel and many of the plants are from old projects. I stopped doing fish tanks a few years ago, but now that I am a grown-er person now, I am excited to take on this hobby again.

The wood is almost fully sunk. I wonder if I should break off the piece on the far right top of the tank so the hearty base of the spiderwood can lay against the wall.

I hope you are having a nice day, reader! Thank you for stopping by.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts