The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Very nice! I love the black gravel garden in the middle

I have something like that in my shrimp tank, except separated from the rest of the tank with driftwood and i'm not sure how a bunch of red cherry shrimp manage to mess it up but almost daily theyve dragged fluval stratum onto my nice clean white sand and I need to scoop it out haha

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! This was what I had envisioned prior to scaping. But during, I filled the tank with water to look at a few things and it looked pretty cool without the moon sand. It looked as if your were looking at an underwater cavern. Anyway, at that point I hoped that by adding the moon sand I would still have the look but I didn't. I'm happy with the way it looks though. The lace rock is built up for the bottm so it is pretty good barrier between the substrates. My wife suggested, during the scape, that I go buy more rock to get the cavern effect look back but the rock was an hours drive so I went with my original plan.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I like what you have done as far as the layout of plants and nice rock/ driftwood! I don't care for the red gravel much though as I prefer the natural look but that is just me. Nice work and thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Beautiful tank. What are the tall plants in the back left side?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts