The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have this light with the stand? The stand allows you to pretty much use it with any shape nano tank or plant setup since it doesn't require you to clip it to the tank or bowl. My only issue with this is that the light doesn't stay level. I'm wondering if others have same issue or did I set it up wrong or have a bad item. Otherwise great light intensity, bluetooth, etc.

Right now I'm just using it with succulent setup, but will change it over to something submersed eventually.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
First make sure the floor isn't slanted. Check base level.
Not sure that is more than a degree or 2 off anyways and possibly affected by the level weight as well.

Use 9.5 (b) and then measure rise (a) to being level.
alpha will be angle off.

1/4 "off" is 1.5 degrees..
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Number

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First make sure the floor isn't slanted. Check base level.
Not sure that is more than a degree or 2 off anyways and possibly affected by the level weight as well.
The base of the stand is level. So it's where the vertical piece attaches to the base, there's some give there. It's definitely slanted even without the weight of the level.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
The base of the stand is level. So it's where the vertical piece attaches to the base, there's some give there. It's definitely slanted even without the weight of the level.
Not knowing exactly how off (besides my guess) 1 to 2 degree tilt "could" be within manf. tolerances..

It obviously is annoying to you and as such your best recourse is to exchange it..

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not knowing exactly how off (besides my guess) 1 to 2 degree tilt "could" be within manf. tolerances..

It obviously is annoying to you and as such your best recourse is to exchange it..
your probably right about the tolerances, but still, the whole idea here is the aesthetic, you could obviously light a small setup much cheaper. I also got this because I have the ONF Flat one 24" and they both work off the same app.

In the pic its at full extension, I noticed when I lower it the slant isn't as bad, so the weight of the vertical support is too heavy. I'm gonna try taking it apart and see if I can wedge something in there (where the vertical meets the base on the right side) to compensate.

OK, well kinda solved. Apparently there were two size O rings (stoppers) that go on the extension tubes. The larger one comes on the fixture, but when using the stand you want to replace that with the smaller one that fits inside the larger tube instead of the outside. This straightened it up, not perfect but within my tolerance LOL.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
OK, well kinda solved. Apparently there were two size O rings (stoppers) that go on the extension tubes. The larger one comes on the fixture, but when using the stand you want to replace that with the smaller one that fits inside the larger tube instead of the outside. This straightened it up, not perfect but within my tolerance LOL.

Cool.

I looked for instructions on the stand but no surprise didn' t find any

1 - 7 of 7 Posts