The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the maximum tank size for using the ONF Flat Nano? I saw that the lumen rating was 1300 which in theory would be sufficient for the UNS 60U (19 gallons). But I'm not sure if the light spread would be enough or not. I currently have it on a 10 gallon tank and it works amazing.

·
Registered
75g, 33L, 2g and play tanks
411 Posts
Just looked it up. This site recommends 5ish. Just remember the figures you're given are likely taken directly under the light and likely without water. I think there are equations for this, but the further out you go from the center of the tank the less light those areas will receive. Just by looking at the dimensions I don't think I would go any larger than 10g. Of coarse if you have only aquascape in the middle of a tank and open space around it you can probably get away with a little bigger. But my opinion, just on the physical size of this light, you're maxed for practical tank size.

·
Registered
12,735 Posts
What is the maximum tank size for using the ONF Flat Nano? I saw that the lumen rating was 1300 which in theory would be sufficient for the UNS 60U (19 gallons). But I'm not sure if the light spread would be enough or not. I currently have it on a 10 gallon tank and it works amazing.
I personally don' t think it's wide enough for a 60u.
One on each side would be interesting.

Reactions: Aaronious

·
Registered
98 Posts
It wont be enough. If you have a 5 gallon it should be OK. I had a 11 gallon cube and tried this and it just could not provide anywhere enough light, had to return it. I'm surprised it work for your 10 gal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts