The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please REPLY TO THIS THREAD.
So some of you may know or may want to know why I haven't been on for so long. I decided to move back to Hong Kong for a bit. I'll be going back for nearly a year. But I still have a few months to spare so I can pull off one last scape before I pack up, clean up , sell EVERYTHING, and leave. So I need some plants for this scape I will be willing to buy or trade......

I need:
bunches of Hemianthus micranthemoides
6-10 Hygrophila polysperma 'Sunset'
Rotala wallichii
Glosso
HC

I can trade:
taiwan moss a bunch
Dwarf hairgrass mats
maybe a lot of rotala colorata, pink, green.

Please REPLY TO THIS THREAD.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I will be ready to do a trim on my sunset hygro this weekend. I don't know for sure how many stems, but I should have a decent amount. I would be interested in trading for the dwarf hairgrass and/or some stems of rotala. PM me if interested. I would not be able to ship until Monday.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Just FYI for everyone - the polysperma sunset is on the noxious weeds list and any selling, shipping, or possessing of them is against the law (at least here in Colorado - you might check your state). I'm not posting this to be a wet blanket or anything, but for protection. There was a good lecture at our local club last month about noxious weeds/aquarium plants - and believe it or not, they can and do come to homes and fine you for it. Hard to imagine... but anyway - when you dispose of any of it... please freeze it hard in the freezer before throwing it away. It goes crazy in the lakes, rivers, and such and really causes problems. I would imagine that it could be a real issue in Hong Kong...

Personally I think it's one of the prettiest plants for aquariums and it saddened me to hear of it's terrible status. Just so you guys are forewarned... Sorry to be a "downer"! Not to sound like the "plant police" here, just don't want anyone to be nailed by the real ones... I nearly cried when they told me I had to get rid of mine :mad: But on the positive side, there are lots of nice pink and red plants that I was able to "substitute".

Hope all goes well with your move turtlehead. You might want to check on the legalities of transporting plants across international lines just to be safe (same for the fish maybe?). Good luck.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Link has been corrected - thanks for letting me know.

Turtlehead, you might want to visit that link and see how it might affect you with exporting...

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now how does that link pertain to this thread? I don't think I'm dumb enough or even have the time to go out and "plant" the plants in waterways.

Still looking for glosso and rotala w.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts