The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At walmart they are selling one gallon minibows for $14.99. I was thinking if this was a common thing, we should do a pico competition. Maybe with fabulous prizes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'd love to participate in something like that. :) I just saw some of those 1g minibows you're talking about at our Wal-Mart this past weekend.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let's say everyone has till next Monday to scrounge up the $15 dollars for the 1g minibow. We should keep it as the one gallon for consistency's sake.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw this today at another walmart... Perfect for replacing the tiny screw in incandecent.
edit: You might want to poke some holes in the back of the hood with a hot fork... my lightbulb made things a bit melty...
I was thinking of what prize to offer, and I'd like to offer 5 light green shrimp. These guys are fatties that like to hang upside down on leaves.

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Let's say everyone has till next Monday to scrounge up the $15 dollars for the 1g minibow. We should keep it as the one gallon for consistency's sake.
Hey, d'ya think we're all rich here or something?

;)

I'd love to see a 1-gallon competition. How strict would that be - exactly one gallon capacity, one gallon actually in the tank with everything else, anything 1 gallon and under... ?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All right, I guess it would be pretty unfair to have people go out and buy one. How about just one gallon. Everyone probably has that one hawk eye triangle one that doesn't really fit anywhere from back in the newbie days.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'll join in! I have one of those DecoArt kits, w/ the 9w(or something) bulb. Kinda lazy to upgrade lighting.. oh well!
Prizes sound good! What would the time limit be?

·
Registered
30 Posts
What would the time limit be?
Same question here. My camera went kaputz, so I need to know what the time line would be. See if I'll have time to get a new camera (not sure WHEN that will happen - waiting to see right now), so I know for sure that I can participate.

(Please, please, please get new camera soon! I'm going through withdrawals! :icon_eek::tongue:)

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's what I managed with my one gallon (but I'm not in the competition of course). You can't see the HC or the HM in back since I only put little single stalks in the substrate. Weeping moss for foreground, some sorts of small stems in the back. That random white rock on top is holding down the christmas moss till it attaches.

Please PM me if you'd like to join in the competition so I can make a list.

Here's what I'd like to offer as the winning prize:

5 light green shrimp and a few mystery shrimp. I'll pay shipping.

Runner up gets a few mystery shrimp, shipping paid by me.

Must PM me by Monday (May 19th, by midnight) and post a picture of your newly planted ONE GALLON tank/jar/vase/tupperware/clear container.
Then in two weeks we post an update, and have votes open for three days (closes June 4th).
Sound ok?

edit: Err, forgot to attach the pictures!

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Oh wow, fast deadline! Could we get 1 week to buy supplies and stuff? I have to get stuff online, since the stores here don't carry plants.

*visits swap forum*

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mmm, if three other people vote (by sunday afternoon) to postpone it till next week, I'm fine with it.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Actually, I do. I was assuming that people would use clippings from their main tanks. And it's not one week, it was two. What do you purpose? A month? Three months for some mature growth?

·
Registered
169 Posts
If people are planning to use HC as a foreground, it'll take at least a month for it to fill in nicely. I think we should have a nicely growing 1g, instead of a bunch of trimmings stuck in a 1g that might/might not thrive. :icon_roll

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've decided to pull this contest after some thought. Thanks to those who were considering participating.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts