The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think people want to hear another "fish can be funny" plant story. For 2 years it grew fast and was a carpet. Great.
Then,my Rainbow fish and my Roseline barbs grew larger. They both began picking at the Star Grass...and as of now what was a near weed is just some sticks of green. Never would have predicted that, but they eat it right in front of my eyes. Like a salad.
Always green gravel...wink.

·
Are these real?
15,750 Posts
Haha it's a sign: Want mo' veggies. (Un)frozen finely chopped spinach or peas can be a favorite. Once they figure out that something is delicious you won't be able to change their minds.

(I used to have Festivums and I could tell funny stories about "Plants vs large Cichlids").

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I highly recommend star grass as a pseudo carpet. It can be kept at a thick 2-3" if pruned weekly as I did when it was at its prime. But now?..it's even fainter than from the original post date. I do have Pearl Weed as a new intro that has its own story. When I planted it where it got mostly aquarium light,it didn't do much and fish picked at it.
When I pulled the stems up and planted it along the back of the aquarium,it then got hours of direct sun,maybe two or so. So far its doing great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.