The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 50 gallon with ADA Amazonia I (not the new stuff) in it and is just starting a cycle. Once it's complete, what do I need?

Nothing? or things like Flourish, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
I have a 50 gallon with ADA Amazonia I (not the new stuff) in it and is just starting a cycle. Once it's complete, what do I need?

Nothing? or things like Flourish, etc.
This question seems really open ended. What do you need in a fish tank? I'm not too familiar with that substrate, but regardless, the beneficial bacteria always need a food source.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I'm assuming you mean to get your plants growing well and keep things like algae in check. It really depends on how you want to run your tank. Some people like the low tech version of things with no CO2 or fertilizers and set up their tanks accordingly and have great success. Other people like the high tech version of things and do pressurized CO2 and scrupulous fertilizer regimens and also have great success. They adjust their lighting and planting accordingly and go for it.

Most people starting out with a planted tank give tons of light, try DIY CO2, and don't do fertilizers. That's why new members here have Algae Grower as a title, presumably.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts