The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this thing living in my java moss! I freaked out the way I freak out when I see a spider. I caught it with a spoon so I could get a good picture. Then I flushed it. Has anyone seen one of these before? It has definitely been living in my moss rocks for awhile.

·
Registered
74 Posts
That would be a dragonfly larvae...Kill it! Make sure you check the remainder of that moss to ensure there are no more. That's a BAD thing to have in your tank, they'll stay hidden and eat up all your fish.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh no! How is that possible!? I've had the moss for months now. Where would the eggs have come from? i know for a fact that there were no dragonflies in my house... I live on a 3rd floor apartment and all my windows have screens. Plus, If there was a dragonfly in my house, I definitely would've freaked out.

Could it be anything else? (though, I admit, it really does look like all the google images I saw...)

How do I make sure to get rid of them? I don't know what the eggs look like, and actually, I only have 2 moss rocks in the tank. I suppose the eggs or larvae could be anywhere though? It's a small tank, only 5.5 gallons. But I do have 3 other tanks. Help!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
It is indeed a damselfly larva. Just see how life manages to survive and get into "impossible" places.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.