The Planted Tank Forum banner

omg i hope i dont screw it up ADA 60p

1850 13
so i tried out the 60f sometime ago and while its great for certain things, I learned that it didn't have the height I wanted to really get a good tank going. I succeeded in getting the 60f going in an iwagumi style but after some neglect and my whole HC bed floating to the top, i decied i wanted to try again.

so ill try and keep this journal up to document my progress and to see what you all think and what i should do should i encounter any problems.

equipment:
ADA 60p
Finnex RAY II
CO2
Eheim 2215 w/2217 impeller

layout:
ADA Power Sand
ADA Aqua Soil
ADA Aqua Soil Fine
Tom Barr's selection of manzanita wood
a bunch of plants from fellow TPT members that are going to be arriving this week. ill list them when they get here.

so i remember last time, i always rushed the scape and never really let it sit to see if i REALLY liked it. that was the first issue i had with the 60f. even after planting, a few weeks later id tear it down to redo it.

my yorkie not caring for the wood at all

and my first try with scaping and wood
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the only reason why i am not going with a slope is im going for a dutch type scape so i feel the slope would be wasted since the bag would be full of tall stemmed plants anyway. i do think ill be redoing the driftwood though since a traditional dutch scape doesnt use wood.

but who wants to follow wat everyone else does anyway right? =D

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

thinking of this layout because plants are coming in tomorrow so wanted to try something else.

also might order another finnex light like the planted + in addition with my ray 2 for help with the red plants.

btw, i wish i had another camera other then a cellphone but its currently in the hands of someone else :angryfire

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bunch of new images using a point and shoot camera this time.

attaching some moss to the wood. my cousin and i were like, how much do we use to tie it down?

i think we were getting tired of planting and i had so many plants that all we did was alternate who picked a plant and who was doing the planting. i think it came out nice with its randomness

water all cleared up and looking pretty good imo

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea she gets jealous when i go out there an have a smoke and dont bring her outside lol.

i think that red plant is Alternanthera Reinekii. i seriously ordered so many plants that my cousin's tank has alot of leftovers still. i also won a RAOK for ADA riccia stones that i wanna add in there somewhere. maybe once the driftwood settles and i can remove those rocks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.