The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was feeding the little piggy's last night and dropped a shrimp pellet in for the cory's. They were enjoying like usual and my koi like angel came down to have some too. While pecking at the pellet, it ingested something other than food. The pics tell it all!! After 5 min. of trying to catch him, I had to pull it out of his mouth. I have a surgical pair of tweezers which worked perfectly. It wasnt coming out without my help. I held on to him gently and plucked it out. He was kinda of stunned for 1/2 hour but looked better after that. This morning he was swimming like usual. What a piggy!!

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
I had a gold fish do this one time. I don't know how long the gravel piece was stuck tho. By the time I found him he was doing spirals through the tank. He did live but I think he was more cautious of the gravel after that

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 2 angels are the centerpieces of the tank. I wasnt letting this stone stay in too long. He is about 3.0 to 3.5 inches. I got him at about 1 inch.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Angel ate well last night after its ordeal. I am sure he learned a lesson. LOL

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didnt panic. I figured it was going to die if I didnt do something. So if it did die during or after the extraction, at least I tried to save it. After bloodworms and flakes he was still pecking at the bottom after I dropped in an algae wafer last night. He loves to eat!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Great work at saving your fish! I know what can happen from experience. I had a german blue ram choke to death on a piece of earthworm years ago. I couldn't get it out with tweezers, because the thing was just so squishy and poking into it just pushed it further down the fish's throat. Thinking back on it, cutting open the side of it's mouth might have worked. Anyway, my poor ram died.

·
Registered
168 Posts
That BIC pen does not look anything like a surgical tweezer. :icon_mrgr jk

Your angel bit off more than it can chew! Glad you stood up as a "self-made vet" and saved the fella. :proud:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts