The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Time for a repost!

Note: Shrimp, Plants and Equipment are below the foods and supplements.

It's that time again!

Why pay a ton for imported stuff when you can get terrific foods from a fellow hobbyist?

It's all tough to make, isn't cheap and all of it is grown and/or formulated by me by hand. In fact, I grind everything into meals and powders with a mortar and pestle:

Below are the foods and supplements I'm offering to TPT. Some will be sold by weight, some by volume (which ever is cheaper for the buyer).

COMPLETE VEGGIE

Loaded with organic spinach, vitamins, minerals - 15 ingredients in all. Specially formulated for both Neos and Crystal shrimp. Holds up under water for several days. Won't cloud your tank or alter parameters. Great for coloration, shell strength and general nutrition. I now feed this a few times per week when I'm not feeding Repashy products and fresh veggies.

• 40 grams (this is a lot - standard 2oz container won't hold it all) for $18
  • New Size - 20 grams for $10

A look at just how much you get:

Here it is fresh:

My Cherries attacking:

This stuff is at a premium in part because the ingredients are expensive and I don't believe you'll be able to get anything like it in the states. Sure, the Asian products are great but they're neither fresh nor controlled by an uptight health nut like myself (they're also more expensive). Can almost promise they're not spending three days making their products by hand in limited amounts. My success, the testing, photos and video tell you all you need to know.

The other foods & supplements I'm offering because I want shrimp nerds to have access to high-quality items without paying the fancy price.

ORGANIC BARLEY

My pelletized Organic Barley for sale only to TPT members.

It's made from dried, organic (certified by the state - not USDA, as I missed my final visit last year over scheduling issues - maybe this year) barley straw pressed into pellet form with my fancy extruder.

• 50 grams by weight - $4

STRONG SHRIMP

Similar to Stout. This one ounce container holds a bit more than the regular variety.

Here's a look:

• 1oz by volume - $10

Includes a spoon. Feed no more than your shrimp can consume in a 24-hour period. Feed no more than 2-3 times per week tops. This is not a daily feed, contrary to what many other manufacturers suggest.

SHRIMPLET GROWTH

This is my all-time favorite baby/shrimplet food.

• 1 oz by volume - $10

This one ounce container holds a ton of food. Feed very sparingly when there are shrimplets in your tank. Promotes more solid coloration and stable growth of juvenile shrimp.

Spoon included.

RED SHRIMP

This is very similar to other products intended to increase redness - but a bit better, in my opinion and research/development. If you want to know why my standard Cherry Shrimp are so red (check the 20L journal)? This supplement is the secret.

• Half Ounce by volume - $10

I pack these half ounce containers full, press them down, add a silica packet, then add some more. Probably end up getting more product than you do the fancy stuff.

Includes a spoon. Dose very sparingly, no more than once per week. No more than half a spoon per 10 gallons of water under any circumstance - start with less. Shouldn't be dosed as heavily as similar products, as this is more concentrated and much more fresh. This will raise your GH a tiny bit for a few hours.

WHITE SHRIMP

Similar to other products on the market geared toward whiteness in Crystal shrimp. A tiny amount goes a really long way. Also beneficial for other types of shrimp when it comes to shell development.

• Half Ounce by volume - $10

All supplements - Red Shrimp, Strong Shrimp, White Shrimp - and even Shrimplet Growth are available in sample containers for $2 (sold only with other purchase). Complete sample packs are available for $16 shipped for a limited time.

As you can see in this photo below, I don't make a lot:

That silly packaging is just for TPT members. Took forever to get a good shot of one of my critters that was suitable for editing and photoshopping a chef's hat on.

Also available...

Jake's Veggie Sticks With Extra Calcium

Similar to other sinking veggie sticks but with (now) 25%+ more calcium, 100% organic and grown by me - with the exception of seaweed and calcium powder. Decided to start making these because I feed on such a large scale that it's hundreds of times cheaper to make them myself with products I already have.

These are great for both shrimp and snails that need a bit more calcium in their diet for whatever reason. My critters swarm them and my feedback speaks for itself. Please note that these are not similar to Complete Veggie.

• Half ounce portions are $3
  • One ounce portions are $6

Shipping for everything starts at $2 via USPS First Class Mail. $6 USPS Priority for larger orders.

Limited Time Pure Red Line CRS Deal
Usually only offer these to local hobbyists but have received requests, so here goes.

I have two more packages of Pure Red Line CRS bred by me:

Here's what they look like when really young:

Mix of young, juvies and adults ranging from SS to SSS+. No guarantees on age or grade, as it depends upon what I'm able to net out of the tank. They've never been mixed with Goldens or CBS.

Tank parameters: 72 degrees Fahrenheit, 165 TDS, 0 KH, 5GH, pH 6.4.

Each package contains at least [STRIKE]ten[/STRIKE] FIFTEEN (sweetened the deal from 10 to 15 just to move these quickly) shrimp and $30+ worth of food & supplements from my Om Nom Nom line, some Indian Almond Leaves and Alder Cones to make shipping worth your while. 5 shrimp per breather bag. This is a great deal for tank-raised shrimp.

• $135 shipped USPS Express with DOA. That's like getting shipping and a ton of food for free. Heat pack used only if requested. Must be present to receive package and must send photos of shrimp inside their breather bag within two hours of delivery for DOA. Guarantee only covers shrimp, not shipping. I will not sell to you if you cannot care for these shrimp, aren't familiar with their requirements and don't have the proper habitat. No exceptions.

Two 10w LED Flood Lights
Roughly 900 lumen, 6500K, cool white. Always wanted one but didn't want to fool with wiring or three week shipping from Hong Kong? Here's your chance - and they come already wired.

Great for standard 10gal tanks, perfect for 5.5gal, 12" cubes, Fluval Ebi/Flora, 45-F, Mini M and more. Two would be great on a 20gal.

Some photos above a 10gal with lots of tannin in the water:

Each internal wire is covered in heat shrink, the entire outer cable is covered in heat shrink and I'll wrap that all in black electrical tape to further protect things during shipping. Brand new with brand new power cords. Cords are 9-10 feet in length.

If you want to use these directly above a tank more shallow than 12", let me know and I'll include some fiberglass window screen for free so you can cut down the light level.

• $25 each + actual shipping (your preference: Parcel Post, Priority, etc) for less than 2 pounds. Buy both for $60 shipped and I'll include free shrimp food to make it more worth your while. Shipping will still be cheap.

New 20oz paintball tank
I've had it since August (filled) and it's remained unused. If you're local, I won't have to drain it. Hydro is good through August 2016.

Will include two free refill packages (pictured) from Dick's and a package of both sizes of O rings.

• $20 + actual shipping or $25, whichever is cheaper

Small, branchy Manzanita for your tanking needs
Some of the pieces I collected two years ago in California that have been curing in my basement ever since.

Piece A:

Piece B:

Piece C:

The tile they're photographed on is roughly 12"

It's easy to clean bark off (B is partially cleaned) with a wire brush or by soaking and then rubbing off with a cloth or a brush. Easy to edit them by removing smaller branches.

• $10 each + shipping.

Now for the plants
Staurogyne repens - emergent grown - here are some photos:

• $1 per rooted stem

Bacopa monnieri - emergent, though here's a submerged photo:

• $1 per stem

Bacopa australis - emergent:

• $1 per stem/length

B. australis can get really bushy in high-tech environments and will even grow tall in low light situations. Perfect for mid-ground or background. Great with shrimp in low-tech tanks, as well.

All plants ship via USPS Priority at actual cost (I don't charge for packaging) or $6 for Small Flat Rate. Heat packs are an extra $1. Free Osmocote Plus caps with $15 minimum plant order.

Private Message me to order.

Thanks!

Jake

1 - 1 of 1 Posts