The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Honeycomb Master
6,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i was looking through pictures on my computer, and i came across some really old pictures of my first aquariums.

Thought it would be cool if some of the "seasoned" members could post pictures of their first tank, or ones that they had a long time ago. :hihi: Lets see how much you've improved since then!

I created this thread with the intention to look back at our old aquariums, and to hopefully get a few good laughs out of them. So please don't be offended!

Now, for my tanks:
I had lots of non-aquatic plants, as you can tell. :hihi: And i really liked having a lot of rocks. This was about 4-5 years ago.
I had two 29 gallons. And i still have the two angelfish. And yes, i know that the angelfish were way too big to be in those aquariums. At the time i didn't though.

·
Registered
227 Posts
My stuff started off pretty bleak. It got a little better as I progressed. It was a couple of years. More stuff and a better understanding helped a little bit.

http://img.photobucke
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/joshbjork/tank%2006/IM000755.jpgt.com/albums/v458/joshbjork/tank%2006/DSC_0882.jpg[/IMG]

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
These all put out my sad attempt at a planted tank. ):

·
Registered
714 Posts
I have some photos of my first tanks from 20 years ago somewhere, but I haven't scanned them to my computer. This is the oldest one I have available, it's taken either 1998 or 1999:

·
Are these real?
15,750 Posts
Got my first Guppies-in-a-jar 35 years ago at the age of six, and had planted tanks pretty much since then.

I didn't find any of the earliest ones, here are some I had when I was ten or twelve.

Back then water column dosing wasn't invented yet, and with the low light levels it wasn't necessary. I did start to use fert sticks, and brewed my first CO2 brews, injected into the water via dried branches.

Around that time I built my first water pumps... a little motor with a stick that extended into the water inside a plastic bottle, attached a plastic disc, glued on some wings, and bingo. Back then everything was air-bubble-driven.

This one is a bit later, when I was around 20.

·
Registered
26 Posts
haha nice kitty, your tank doesnt look to bad either.

·
Honeycomb Master
6,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm digin' the pots, amazonfish! LOL

That's actually not that bad of a set up though. I wish i had pictures of my *FIRST* aquarium (12 gallon eclipse bowfront), but i can't find any. It was a pretty pathetic looking aquarium. :) But i was proud of it.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Here are some old pictures of my tank:

December 2003(several months after I started the tank):

Around 2006 or 2007:

And here is one from August 2009:

Amazing how a few years changes so much, isn't it? And I'm going to rescape it very soon!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Fun thread idea. I wish that I had pictures of the tanks I had in my teens, 15 years ago, but I don't think I ever bothered taking pictures and they definitely would be award winners in the hall of shame. Here's my first planted tank, created when I first joined this site in 2006:

·
Registered
26 Posts
nice tank very simple i like it, it wud look nice with some rummy nose tetras or something

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.