The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after waging war with algae for over a month i have just about conquered it( for now) , but my anubias was hit hard. the rhizome is growing again and it has sprouted a few new leaves, but half of the plant is algae destroyed. now my question is would it be ok for my to cut the rhizome so i could be rid of the nasty part of the anubias?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
after waging war with algae for over a month i have just about conquered it( for now) , but my anubias was hit hard. the rhizome is growing again and it has sprouted a few new leaves, but half of the plant is algae destroyed. now my question is would it be ok for my to cut the rhizome so i could be rid of the nasty part of the anubias?
it's fine to cut it. just make sure you do it with SHARP scissors and in one clean cut. otherwise you'll damage it. i've had to do it to my anubias to get rid of destroyed leaves as you're describing.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You can cut it with a razor blade into many pieces, lay the pieces on top of some java moss in an emmersed container, have a lid on it for high humididty and new plants will sprout from each cutting of the Rhizome. It's a great way to propogate Anubias and other plants with Rhizomes.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok cool! i will get on that tonight! its such a shame though... the leaves are covered in algae but the root system on that side of the plant is amazing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts