The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Barclaya Longfolia bloomed and i got the seeds by capturing them by wraping a net around the seed pod--I've reed everywhere that you must propagate this plant by seed , but know information is found on how to do it.
Has anyone in this forum done this before?

·
Canon pimp #002
4,600 Posts
My Barclaya Longfolia bloomed and i got the seeds by capturing them by wraping a net around the seed pod--I've reed everywhere that you must propagate this plant by seed , but know information is found on how to do it.
Has anyone in this forum done this before?
How long did it take for your barclaya to bloom? I have one, and I think it will be neat to see it bloom. If you end up figuring out how to propagate it by seed let me know!

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
I'm guessing very damp loamy soil in high humidity and then transfer it when it gets to a reasonable size to full water.

·
Canon pimp #002
4,600 Posts
It's an obligate aquatic; you cannot grow them emersed first. You just have to find a sheltered submerged spot and let the seeds settle there. A separate container is usually best.
Thanks for the great info Tinanti! Do you bury the seed, or simply leave them on top of the substrate?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow didnt see this thread take off --it was battle to get this plant growing from a tuber i got from arizona but once it took off about 4 months the leaves start to get bigger and bigger then one day boom a flower i only got two the first one expoded i n the tank and the seeds setteled all over the second i capured and was waiting for info on what to do --thanks but it was a little late -I allready put them in a nursury tank to see if they do anything. 2 weeks on the first flower and nothing-- 1,5 weeks on the second and nothing . will see if something happens --not a lot of info on this plant

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.