The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been on the forum for quite a while now, being a lurker until recently. I figured it was time to start a journal here. I'm on my iPhone right now, so I'll have to add photos later. So here's what I've got:

26 gallon tall bow front aquarium

Current USA power compact 2x64 watt dual daylight 10,000k/6,700k and dual actinic 420nm/460nm

5 lb CO2 tank with electronic electronic CO2 regulator and ceramic diffusor

Fluval 205 with Fluval Pre-Filter and Biomax media.

Substrate:

Flourite Red - soon to be changing to top soil and
Tropic Isle Tahitian Moon Sand

Flora:

Egeri najas, Dwarf Hairgrass, Rotala nanjenshan, Potamogeton gayi, Mermaid weed, Cabomba furcata, anubias nana, weeping moss, peacock moss, cryptocoryne parva, cryptocoryne wendtii, HM, duck weed

Fauna:

8 Cardinal Tetras, 3 Chinese Algae Eaters (1 will go to another tank once it’s set up), 5 blue mystery snails and a crapload of ramshorn/pond scum snails

Fertilizer:

Trace & Fe 3xWeek KH2PO4, K2SO4, KNO3 3xWeek

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I finally re-scaped my 26 gallon aquarium. I took out all my plants, and put in my driftwood that I boiled and soaked the other night, and replanted all my old and new plants. I started fearing that I was running out of space. Indeed, I started to run out of space for my smaller foreground plants. But that's ok, I got them in. I'll have to re-scape in the near future anyway, once I'm ready to take out all the substrate and replace it with soil and sand. By that time, I'll have my 20 gallon aquarium set up and can use that to house my fish and snails while I redo the substrate.

Here's a couple photos I took right after. There's still a lot of crap in the water column. I'll take more photos once it all settles and/or gets filtered out.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a strange deficiency (or something) going on with one of my plants. the leaves are curling and turning black. The black parts are fairly rough. See image below.

I'm also still having trouble with stringy hair algae. I think my feet regiment is on my first post. Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've been on the forum for quite a while now, being a lurker until recently. I figured it was time to start a journal here. I'm on my iPhone right now, so I'll have to add photos later. So here's what
Tank looks great. I am doing my first planted tank (55g) and was wondering what your Co2 system consists of? I have a bright light (2 48" T5 6500k) and will eventual have a medium to heavy plant load so I'm thinking of setting up a 5lb. system. I'm in Fairfield (Suisun City) and was wondering if you know where I can get the bottle filled?

Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tank looks great. I am doing my first planted tank (55g) and was wondering what your Co2 system consists of? I have a bright light (2 48" T5 6500k) and will eventual have a medium to heavy plant load so I'm thinking of setting up a 5lb. system. I'm in Fairfield (Suisun City) and was wondering if you know where I can get the bottle filled?

Thanks
Thanks. I've actually neglected my tank quite a bit, being so busy at work. But I'm planning on upgrading to a 120 gallon tank soon. I got my cylinder at More Beer in Concord before I moved back to Fairfield. I remember a friend telling me about a place in Vacaville, but I don't remember the name. I'll ask him where it is.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: oheresy's 26 gallon tall bow front

Wow, been a long time since I've updated this journal.

This tank turned into an algae and plant jungle. As of last month, I had a jungle, some hair algae, stag, about 20 or more cherry Shrimp, two siamese algae eaters, and that's it. About two weeks ago, I added 12 neon tetras, and last week did a major trim and 50% water change.

I have photos of the after pruning and I think some before shots. I'll post them later tonight.

I plan on doing another major trim, and am considering making this a low tech tank. After I get my 75g tank established, I'd like to tear down this tank and start from scratch.

Photos to come.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.