The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This might should go in another section of the forum but I plan on putting some lovely shrimp in here. :)

Looks like I have another tank to cycle!!
Can you believe my luck?

I am going to set this bad boy upstairs in the master bedroom. That way I can keep it cooler AND away from the kids for the most part. Oh man, dream come true!

Help me plan it? :) What should I do? Should I go more serious with this and get some crystals?

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Since the tank is high you should put some semi branchy driftwood in there which will give more of a surface area for shrimp to walk on. That way you are really utilizing all the space in the tank. Ideal shrimp tanks tend to be lower with a large footprint but you can solve this pretty easily.

That's a really good score....can't wait to see this one take shape. You should be able to fit at least 1000 shrimp :)

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
That's a nice looking setup, I would remove the under gravel filter from it before setting it up if I were you. That will make a wonderful shrimp tank and they will have plenty of room too.

·
Registered
233 Posts
With a filter and stand, no less. Seriously nice score!
Oh yes, it definitely needs to be packed with shrimps!

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's a nice looking setup, I would remove the under gravel filter from it before setting it up if I were you. That will make a wonderful shrimp tank and they will have plenty of room too.
Why remove the UGF? Aren't they greatly beneficial for shrimp?

Edit* I guess if there are plants, the ugf plates can mess with their roots, and isn't good for plants.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts