The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I thought when my month got bad it was going to get worse but it didnt. I found 3(maybe 4, hard to tell) platy fry. I even witnessed her give birth. And did anyone know that the eggs are green :eek: She dropped an egg as she gave birth to a fry. They are all in the 10g, one under the heater, the other in the Sunset Hygro forest, and the other in the moss bush lol. It was 8:00 pm. I want to see how long they will survive in the tank with the adults. I really dont plan on keeping them(thats why they are in the tank with the parents) but it will be interesting to see how they manage.

·
Registered
234 Posts
lol nice, the reason why she dropped an egg while the delivery is because the males can impregnate her multiple times , meaning she may drop a fertilized egg, a fry that wasnt formed yet, or a fully formed fry , good job , only 3 eh ? platys can give birth to roughly 60 , she may still be delivering , OR you may have caught the end of the show and you already lost babies due to adults

to the little fry: MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU:) lol

jordan

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL. I was guessing she had a while because when I got her she didnt have a gravid spot. She wasnt fat :eek5:!! I wonder if there was like a mix of the Red Wag and the Sunburst Wag!! It will be interesting to see them when/if they survive! I hope there is enough cover though lol.

·
Registered
888 Posts
The female livebearers you get will drop fry of different strains if they've been kept in your lfs with several males of various varieties.:)

·
Registered
234 Posts
lol well when i had platys, i never had pure reds and i always got pure red juvies, but you should have seen this tank i had i swear , tuxedo platys, wags, sunsets, blues, everycolour plus i had guppys and mollys in there to , 30 gallon with atleast 150+ fish it was insane.

jordan.

·
Registered
234 Posts
DUDE! thats sweet what do they look like ? any pics? ive never heard of such a mutation .

·
Registered
234 Posts
sounds interesting , i guess i real non fancy jumbo female guppy looks like a common grey molly when you think about it

jordan

·
Registered
234 Posts
at my store we get in some pretty differnt mollys, green sailfins, blood red sailfins , chocolate sailfins ...... so many to choose from. even the gold dust lyretails are pretty nice with blue eyes and a pure orangish body.

jordan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts