The Planted Tank Forum banner

how many times have you gone to the hardware store, and came home just to realize it doesn't fit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, can anybody explain to me, why you need more than a 1.5'' hole, for a 1-inch bulkhead? also, Why can you fit such a bulk head into a 2.5'' hole?

I am a complete, and utter beginner on plumbing, as in, I know what PVC is. So if there is some go-to website, video, etc. for aquarium plumbing. Please link it down below, it would be greatly appreciated! :D

·
Registered
516 Posts
Ok, can anybody explain to me, why you need more than a 1.5'' hole, for a 1-inch bulkhead? also, Why can you fit such a bulk head into a 2.5'' hole?

I am a complete, and utter beginner on plumbing, as in, I know what PVC is. So if there is some go-to website, video, etc. for aquarium plumbing. Please link it down below, it would be greatly appreciated! :D
Since the pipe fits inside the bulkhead the bulkhead ends up larger in diameter then the pipe. So a 1" bulk head will habe an outside diameter larger then 1" due to the thickness of the material covering the pipe.

Bulk reef supply has a handy sizing chart here:

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts