The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sigh. I guess I'll wait for the bacterial bloom to subside, and for the vals to grow back.

Just an FYI for those considering Excel dosing -- ramp up the dosage very slowly if you have vals (or Anacharis, from what I've been reading).

·
Registered
703 Posts
I guess If you have other plants that can soak up the excel faster than the vals can, than yours might be unaffected like mine in my 10g which is riddled with lesser duckweed. However in my 30g (that's not over crowded with plants and duckweed) I dose as recommended just like for my 10, but in this case, my vals are melting, every one of them.
No more excel for the 30, cause the rest of my pressurized setup will be here soon :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess If you have other plants that can soak up the excel faster than the vals can, than yours might be unaffected
Maybe, but my 58g is crammed full of plants, along with floating Pistia. I started dosing Excel to control thread algae (Cladophora, possibly; I'm not too sharp on FW algae ID yet), so I hit it pretty hard from the start.

Running a Magnum HOT 250 with a micron cartridge cleared up the bacterial bloom in about 24 hours, so things are looking better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.