The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my new Fluval Spec V is at home cycling, and I've decided I want a planted shrimp tank at the office. I was setting up a bowl already, but now I've got a 6.6 gallon Fluval Chi, and that is what I'm going to keep shrimp in at the office.

The thing is, it will be locked in my office over the weekend with no one to turn on the light during the day. Since the light is on the same plug as the filter, I can't hook it up to a timer. I'm not interested in changing the lighting or the filter from stock.

Should I get a desk lamp and put that on a timer for the weekends? Or will the tank be fine if I leave the light off until Monday morning? I could also plug the whole thing into a timer just for the weekend (filter would be off 16 hours a day, whenever the light is off).

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have a spec v the light and filter are on two separate plugs

Sent from my phone, in the land of magical unicorns and rainbows!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Get a desk lamp and put it on a timer. The only tank I have that's at the office and has the lights out all weekend just has anubias in it. They grow... ok. Any other plant won't put up with a 48 hour blackout every week.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, Conrad is right - the Chi only has one power cord. That's why I asked the question.

If I do set this one up at the office, I'll have to use a desk lamp on the weekends. Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts