The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, i am currently trying to get funding for a new business and as such have to build a business plan. This is something i have done before so no probs there but i do need a business logo. I know what it is i need and am sure it is a 2 minute job for someone with a
the right program.
What i would like is 'Wood Fire Cafe' written as if branded into wood like on the link below. Sorry it wont let me post the picture on the thread?

http://www.visualswirl.com/tutorials/tutorial-burnt-wood-text-effect-photoshop/

I 'wood' be very grateful if anyone could help me out, otherwise i will have to get to the printers and hope they can design by monday.
Thankyou soo much

oh and no i dont have photoshop!! :D

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this thread probably belongs in the Lounge section
yes my appologies, i have never posted off topic before and wasnt sure where to...? :icon_redf I was looing for an off topic section

thankyou for moving me!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Do you have any money to invest in your logo?

^^This is a very good question by the way, it's childish to think that graphic designers will work for free. How would you like it if someone came to you and said, "Write a business plan for me - and do a good job - but I'm not going to pay you."?

That being said, here is what i came up with:

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
That looks pretty good Jeff. I saw this thread last night but as a freelance graphic designer I didn't offer services. I do enough free work for vendors in my other hobby (electronic cigarettes). But those vendors send me supplies usually...

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
If you're unwilling to invest in your own company's logo, an extremely VITAL part of your public face, you really shouldnt expect anyone to invest themselves in your business.

typical, professional, logo design can cost over a $1000. and most certainly takes longer than 2 minutes, if you want something with depth and thought.

i asked to see his business plan so i could see if his company was worth investing in, IE: designing the logo to get a small foot print in the UK. But i didnt receive a response :/ It's no simple task to develop a proper logo.

That's a pretty good job Jeff. Though, it looks more like a chisel was used vs it being branded on... but so does the photoshop tutorial, so you did a good job lol.

i'm not a designer, but a programmer. My cousin and I own a "small business" together doing print/web design and web development for side cash.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Not exactly what you asked for, but you're not paying me and I'm not a graphic designer. However, I did have fun playing around with it...good luck with your venture.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.