The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My OEBT specimens arrived!! Finally got some time with the scope camera today before we start dissections on Thursday. We'll be sectioning the eyes and doing some DAPI stains to see if I can rule out a physical mutation of the eye or ocular nerve before waiting on some live specimens for some other tests and physical experiments. Never noticed before, but if you take a look at the closeup of the perepod you can see that the ends are full of brush-like bristles. Looks like the shrimp uses them to brush and scrape food from whatever surface it happens to be working on.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is a preliminary sectioning of the OEBT eye with a dapi stain. The blue areas are where the stain was taken up and nuclear material is present. We can see the pigment cells surrounding the lenses and crystalline cones clearly. Next week I'll be sectioning deeper to try and get both the eye and the stalk before attempting a new stain to show the presence of typical structures.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.