The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Got some questions about this unit.

so I got my hands on the odyseea unit today. Well it fits like a glove on the 3foot. Going to have to change out the bulbs. I have been told they are know good for plants. Your views?
The unit also comes with a protective sheet bellow the bulbs. Should this sheet remain or not?
Thanks for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
435 Posts
It needs to stay it is a splash guard, it is a decent unit, the odyessa bulbs kind of blow, get some good ones, if you have the same model I have with the timer and all the ballasts can go bad quickly 6 months or so, I am hoping to not use it for much longer or doing some re-wiring and using better ballasts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
The splash guard will stay but sometimes they have plastic on the splash guard, you peel that off. Odyssea fixture are crap, just keep an eye on it, they're known to cause fire. I wouldn't use their fixture if it was free, not worth the risk.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Odyssea has corrected the fire issue. It was mostly with the metal halide lights. That being said Hunter is correct the units are very low grade. If you have to change bulbs, and wire in different ballasts then why bother with that brand. I finally got rid of all mine. With 4 of them running for less than a year, I went through 7 ballasts. At $24 a pop that's expensive. I went with Catalina lights. I am very satisfied with them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We are very limited with regards to choice when it comes to light units in South Africa . If other light units become available then you pay threw your nose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.