The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to order shrimp , i have no clue where from, cheap and a large group of them . im in ontario canada any suggestions ?

thanks,jordan

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
What kind of shrimp? I'm sure you can find some here in the Swap N Shop section.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the quick response, im looking for almost any shrimp lol i have 10 amano now which must have reproduced lol cuz i can count like eight in the one corner on my 90 so whats in the other 75 percent of the tank ? i really like the CRS:confused: did i get that right? lol there gorgeous

Thanks, jordan.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Well Amano shrimp fry do not reproduce in freshwater, so maybe you were lucky. Or maybe they really did! Which is HIGHLY unlikely.

You will most likely obtain Cherry shrimp because they are known to ship well and they are most common.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if you dont mind ... how do amanos breed? because ive got some pretty differnt size ranges.....

jordan.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AHA ill order from the states and be a pioneer :( dammit there really nice :( but how do the amanos breed?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Amano shrimp first get eggs in freshwater. Once the eggs hatch, the fry must be moved to saltwater. Then the fry will grow to become mini adults and then they can be moved to freshwater.

Or so I have read and remember.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:hihi: sounds like perfect food for my tangs, clowns , cromis, and other inverts in my reef setup :( well im seriously i can count 8 in one corner ... so the rest of the tank must have more?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts