The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 20 inch long tank and have heard wonderful things about Finnex led fixtures. I would like a medium-highlight tank, so I was considering the Ray 2. My problem is that my tank is 20 inches long and I am not able to find a 20 inch ray 2. I can only find a 20 inch fugeray. Does anyone know where I could get a 20 inch ray 2?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Don't shoot the messenger but they don't make it, that is why you can't find it.
What size tank is it ? A 15g ?

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you don't mind the light being wider than the tank you can get the 24 inch ray 2 and just slide the legs in to fit on the tank. The light will just stick out by 2 inches on each side of your tank

·
Registered
304 Posts
If you don't mind the light being wider than the tank you can get the 24 inch ray 2 and just slide the legs in to fit on the tank. The light will just stick out by 2 inches on each side of your tank
+1

It doesn't look bad at all going this route.

I've seen a few videos of 10g and 15g tall tanks (20in length) with the 24in Ray 2 and it looks good.

·
Premium Member
4,840 Posts
It may be hard to find a medium/high light fixture that is setup like this but you may look for lights that have the little bars on the side that pull out. They are usually advertized to fit more than one size tank. For example, it may say 18-22in or 24-30in. If you can measure, you may find one where the actual fixture is pretty close to 20 in. I have a 15.5 inch tank and found a fixture that is 16.5 inches, even though it is advertized to fit up to 22 inches, it is the perfect size for my tank.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies, I might get the 24 inch one, but I'll keep browsing for something for now, and my tank is about 15 gallons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts