The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have 6 adult endlers, 3 male and 3 females. Two of the females were pregnant when I bought them and it took them a long time (month and half.. maybe two) to finally give birth, to a dozen each. Well within a week after they gave birth one inexplicitely died. 3 days later I notice the other getting chased around by the males with a small pink bulb sticking out of its anus or sex organ, Idk what honestly... the next day that fish does not have the bulb but is SEVERELY hunch backed. Just past the dorsal fin the back takes a 45 degree angle straight down. She also looks like her stomach is very thin, but she still swims around like its not bothering her... Now Im kind of worried that it could be TB, especially since ive been reaching in the tank rearranging plants AND picked the dead one out by hand. Could it maybe be scoliosis since maybe carrying all those babies for so long could have depleted the calcium in her body? After some research my aquarium hardness does not fit their parameters. My Kh is 1 and my Gh is 3.

Any help is greatly appreciated.. Also, if pictures are needed I will try to get some, only problem is im having a severe green water issue so pics may be tough to get at the moment.

Thanks in advance!

- Matt M.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
feed some peas remove the skin from them. its possible she is constipated. ive had both sexes of guppies do that. some times if guppies are older and really big then have babies it can curve their spine. i have a large guppy right now like that. just comes with age. feed a pea and see if it helps also she is probably stressed it is best to keep guppies and endlers in a 2:1 ratio 2 female for every male cause the males can and will chase and stress them so bad it can kill them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.