The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching the board, but I keep getting an error message anytime I try to open a "searched" thread...the message is "internal server error" or something similar...

I just did a 10g water change in my 55g...nothing new, this is a weekly thing...only this time, there are Endler's in it...

I have noticed that my one of my new (pregnant) female Endler's is wiggling close to the gravel (non-planted)...every once in a while I will find a fry...I have had sword tails, and a guppy give birth (actually watched), and they never did this...could the fry be hers? I know that 2 other female have given birth, but I have 2 female Betta, and 1 male Betta in the tank (don't worry, they get along fine..I am watching for aggression), so I am not sure if the fry are this females (they also hung close to the gravel...then I noticed the fry), or from one of the other 2. These are my first Endler's, so this behavior is new to me. Do Endler's do this for he safety of the fry?

Any one else see this behavior in their Endler's?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She was staying by her self...if another Endler came near her, she would move to a different part of the tank (to be alone again)...the tap water may have been cooler, but not that much of a difference...added warm/hot water to quickly dissolve the salt...the thermometer did not move (or if it did, it was micro amount)....read 76/80*...stick on kind...gotta get a real one for that tank!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thats just how they act right before they give birth. They usally find a coner by themself and give birth. I had endlers for 5 years and I only witnessed it 3 times. Thats because their so good in hiding right before they give birth. For me they usally go right underneth my patch of java moss before they drop fry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts