The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just for yahaas, today I called the best LFS and priced a new Oceanic and AGA 120 gallon. I asked if the Oceanic had a clear top brace. The owner said he believed it would come with a glass center brace, but hadn't seen the specs. since the new changes within Oceanic/AGA.

Here is the interesting part. First the price, Ouch. ~ $520 before tax. Well, its an expensive shop. But he said the new Oceanics like this will feature clear glass (low iron content like Starphire) on the front panel. The AGAs were quoted about 10% lower at $470 and don't come with the clear glass front panel. Both seem a bit overpriced to me, but I was just checking things out and thought I would pass this along. bob

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bill. I have been wondering what that baby set you back. Shipping up here would probably really add a chunk.:icon_cry:

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Goes to show, old Henry Ford knew what he was talking about - re: mass production.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.