The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just a heads up that the OCA is holding their annual Extravaganza as a virtual online cichlid and catfish event this year due to Covid-19 restrictions. More info on the event can be found at https://www.ohiocichlid.com/extravaganza/extravaganza-info

There is a nominal fee to attend the event (time sensitive) but it also includes a free 1 year subscription to Amazonas magazine. The event will be on a private Facebook page but if you aren't a Facebook user like me, contact the person listed as there will be an alternate private youtube link available to view the events.

On the Registration page there is also an option to join the club in 2021 to be able to view their virtual online monthly meetings featuring various speakers on cichlids and catfish. I think a lot of clubs are trying to keep their members by doing online club meetings and it can keep you up to date with both your local clubs and those that aren't normally available to aquarists

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did anyone go to this online event besides me? I thought it was well done and as always the speakers were great!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Did anyone go to this online event besides me? I thought it was well done and as always the speakers were great!
I did not attend but I'm curious what Jeff Cardwell's talk was about. The website was pretty vague in its description.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jeff's talk was about his collecting trip in Colombia in 2019 and the cichlids, catfish and other fish that we keep in our tanks. A lot of underwater videos and habitat pics.

It was a very good talk by him and the other speakers.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Jeff's talk was about his collecting trip in Colombia in 2019 and the cichlids, catfish and other fish that we keep in our tanks. A lot of underwater videos and habitat pics.

It was a very good talk by him and the other speakers.
Is his talk in one of the videos OCA posted on YouTube?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think so since the event required payment to view the speakers during the annual Extravaganza.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts