The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

For those of you using Oase Biomasters with lily pipes or other aftermarket intake/outflows, what are you all doing for flow control? Since the flow valves for these filters are on the intake/outflow hardware, it seems like I'll lose the the flow control feature if I use glass lily pipes or something similar. Is there some aquarium-specific valve I can buy or should I just go get a ball valve and some barb fittings from Home Depot? Ball valves are plentiful but the correct size barb with the proper thread seems harder to find.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Just use a ball valve. Buying a ball valve with barb fittings works fine, you also need some thread goop as well but its pretty easy to figure out in the fittings aisle of your local big box hardware store. If you have a 5/8" fittings then size up to 3/4" ball valve and barbs. A little harder to get the hose on but still very doable.

I opted to buy a ball valve with barb fittings built in from amazon.

Works fine, canister filter motors are controlled through magnetics not gears so there is no issue with turning down the flow on the output.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.