The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, does anyone know if I can place this canister filter on a desk at the same level as my tank? I don't have a place to put it underneath and I really like the prefilter cleaning option.

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Hello, does anyone know if I can place this canister filter on a desk at the same level as my tank? I don't have a place to put it underneath and I really like the prefilter cleaning option.
Yes pretty sure you can. I am running the filtosmart 100 at the same level as the tank and I have run other canister filters (larger ones) at the same level as the tank. When you first start up and when you clean out the filter itself you will need to lower it down below the level of the tank for priming (not doing this is still possible if your filter has the manual priming plunger but its a pain). For my filtosmart I just hold it as I lower it down a foot or so and it starts right up. Then I put it back and there is no issue till I need to clean it out again.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oase just said it had to be lower than the tank level for proper flow and to prevent air pockets. Does this make sense? Have you had those issues with the other canisters you put at same level? What size were they?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.