The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
There are O-rings in a number of places and I'm sure that they do need replacement at some point but I' have never needed to on mine. Some will depend on how dry they get and how thye wear over time. Not something I've ever kept on hand as such. If I remember correctly , there are O-rings on the in/out connections?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think (I have a 3 e) around the head unit is a rubber seal - I hit it with silicon spray each time I do a service, and probably on the quick release head, haven't looked too closely. I'm looking at a couple used 2075's so was wondering. My pro 3 e is relatively new.

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
I have a fairly new one as well. No doubt that has some effect on needing to change O-rings. If you are wanting to look over a parts breakdown, this link will get you one that is all English without having to sort through all the other languages. Hope that doesn't sound like a brushoff or anything. Some may not like the idea of being referred to a manual but seeing it in pictures makes it easier for me.

http://www.f3images.com/IMD/UserManuals/EH2075.pdf

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
There is a gasket that seals the head onto the canister...or there should be. I have a 2075 also and about to order a gasket set just to have on hand. Recently one of my 2080s started leaking and I could not stop it. Waiting for the gaskets set now to correct it but it has opened my eyes to the need for the maintenance that is called out in the manual. I have had most of my filters for 4yrs and have never done it. That is about to change.

Sent with my Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate the help from both you! I will review that doc and order some up. I use a magnum 350 in conjunction with the pro 3 e and the 350 seems to be made up of about 50% gaskets and o-rings. Just didn't notice them on the eheim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.