The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woot picked up the GF tonight around 9:30pm from the airport... she brought me back more than what I asked for!! lol..

She told me after I put the shallow tray together.. NO MORE TANKS.. but then she buy sme 2 more from TW.. man.. I think she's testing me!! (Notice the title of this thread: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/p...-possibly-my-final-tank-addition-shallow.html )

2 Pico Tanks (smaller than nano's omg).. 2 13wt cfl's with extra bulbs, 2 nano filters, ada style rocks, manz. roots, tank coolers

non-fish stuff
bunch of jdmish boxers lol...lots of air fresheners again (I bought a bunch when I got back a few weeks ago and gave em all to t plum wine, domo tissue box for car, he slayerz krew so she felt she had to buy me more!), jdm mini car models ( new STI and R35), random facewashes, more LED boards/bulbs, her mom made me cookies too lol!!

filters are similar to the red sea nano.. this is the same one I'm using on my shallow tray also

nets are so useful.. you can use them to tie down moss!!

coolers.. needed these badly.. beats putting a fan on the tank.. it's a HOB cooler.. extremely strong.. will make a ripple on the surface of a tank!

tanks.. no clue how much water the hold.. maybe the bigger one is a gallon.. 2nd one is less than half a gallon? The lime bottle is there for reference on the smaller tank. I swear she's testing me!!

domo tissue holder.. hangs on the back of a car seat. And awesome model cars. STI and GTR

ada style rocks

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they from TW.. you might be able to google the name of them. They hang on the back of the tank like hob filters. I just have that one up from because I'm in the process of redoing the tank and both coolers will run from the RK controller

·
Registered
1,621 Posts

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
You must buy her a lot of stuff too I bet.

I like that cooler too but then it's no use now. It's already getting cold again. If she bought you rocks... that says alot haha. You sure she didn't do anything guilty, like how a man buy's a woman roses when he's guilty? j/k :tongue:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
What a great woman! I say snatch her up! She must not have meant no more tanks. It would be horrible to not USE her gifts. Seems like she thought of everything but the plants and fish. She must have had a huge box or something to tote all that back - including glass tanks and rocks! How did she do it?

Those little cooling fans look great!! I was wondering what the little black device was on the tank in your px (behind all the gifts). Too bad it needs to have a rimless tank. Wonder how efficient they are - how many would you need for a large tank?

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Well if she says no more tanks.. Maybe she is hoping you'll want to use one of the smaller tanks and with that rule in place you'd have to take one of your bigger tanks down. So by buying you some awesome tanks she is actually winning!

Hopefully I'm wrong..
-Andrew

·
►◊Ö Ï Ç◊◄
965 Posts
There is a whole theory behind the kindness of the GF. Keep her as a GF long as possible it will all end once the ring is added to finger and the magic word of "I DO" is said. Then the reign of getting nice and wonder gifts for your hobby will end.

·
Registered
345 Posts
like how a man buy's a woman roses when he's guilty?
OOOOkAAAAY......I'll have to remember that......:angryfire

Seriously though, I think she knows what you care about, and that's important!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There is a whole theory behind the kindness of the GF. Keep her as a GF long as possible it will all end once the ring is added to finger and the magic word of "I DO" is said. Then the reign of getting nice and wonder gifts for your hobby will end.
I think you're on to something!!!!

Well if she says no more tanks.. Maybe she is hoping you'll want to use one of the smaller tanks and with that rule in place you'd have to take one of your bigger tanks down. So by buying you some awesome tanks she is actually winning!

Hopefully I'm wrong..
-Andrew
Yaaaaa I know what you mean. I have 3 tanks setup now in a really small apartment haha

What a great woman! I say snatch her up! She must not have meant no more tanks. It would be horrible to not USE her gifts. Seems like she thought of everything but the plants and fish. She must have had a huge box or something to tote all that back - including glass tanks and rocks! How did she do it?

Those little cooling fans look great!! I was wondering what the little black device was on the tank in your px (behind all the gifts). Too bad it needs to have a rimless tank. Wonder how efficient they are - how many would you need for a large tank?
I went to TW last month also and we actually came back to Boston together.. I brought home some smaller fish tank stuff including a shallow tray. She went back a few weeks ago for 2 weeks and she figured she'd get me more stuff.
She took the 2 tanks on as carry on.. Talk about carry 2 tanks around in a gym bag from Taiwan all the way back to Boston.. 2 transfers and 23 hour flight :icon_lol:

I like the umeshu (the plum "wine").
I'm a BIG fan of plum juice. Err wine :proud:

If only my gf supports this hobby otherwise shell be all over my lfs. haha
She usually supports it but sometimes she just tells me flat out I'm overboard. She does not support my car modding though haha. Luckily I don't need anything for my car right now.. She did get me some cool little LED bulbs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts