The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I ♥ BBA!
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am not 100% sure of the plant, hence the 'x', but here is the plant under water

and here it bloomed!!!

It was really cool to watch the leaves change shape once it finally hit water this summer. They look like lilly pads that you see frogs sitting on, not papery thin like it is underwater. I'm so excited that I had to share! :bounce:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Congratulations!! In my 6 years of having this plant in various tanks, I've never had it flower. Care to share your water parameter's? Dosing ferts?

·
I ♥ BBA!
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! I need to send Cavan a pm and see if he is still interested in a specimen and how to go about pressing. Hopefully it'll still be alive a little longer.

Loachutus, this is outside in a plastic tub that I got from Lowes:

I haven't taken any water parameters, but I can take some tomorrow even though it will be API test kits.

No filtration, no fertilizers outside of turface and some dirt thrown underneath and guppy and snail waste. Took out 20% of the water twice this summer in the beginning to get things settled. Now, I let the rain take care of the work.

Only other flower I've had was from Red Root floaters, so I'm really excited about this one. I'll try to get more pictures in the morning if it's still around. I was running out the door when I noticed it or I would have taken a ton.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts